Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Hello Blog?

So I came up with the cockamamy idea one morning while I was running (something very new for me as you will soon learn)

I had decided that I wanted to lose 10 lbs.  I needed a deadline.  The end of the year felt reasonable.  And conveniently, the end of the year is in about 10 weeks.  So here we are - lose 10 lbs in the last 10 weeks of the year 2010.

The goal and the timeline made me think of the adorable movie 'Julie & Julia' - every recipe in a book over the course of 1 yr.  Not exactly the same goals - but like Julie, I too am a young woman stumbling through this world, trying to find my footing.  We need to vent our frustrations, share our successes, and give ourselves projects.  So we blog!

Like a lot of people - I have a tendency to start little projects with BIG plans, but quickly lose interest.
I'm hoping if I put it out there - into the black hole of the world wide interwebs - I might hold myself accountable.

...or... I'll just never publish it and tell anyone about it and it will be my own weird little diary.

The latter is more likely, but if you're reading this - then kudos to me for actually doing it! and thanks for reading!

Next post: the deets - my background.

SS
10.19.10

No comments:

Post a Comment